Ministry of Children & Family Development
PO Box 9705 Prov Govt, Victoria BC V8W 9S1
Toll Free: 1-877-387-3660
Programs & Services:
Reunion services are only for adults (19 years +) who were involved in an adoption that took place in B.C. (to find people adopted outside of B.C., contact the province where the adoption was finalized).
Adopted adults can search for:
• Birth parent
• Siblings adopted into another family
• Siblings born to a birth parent, who is since deceased
Birth parents who placed a child for adoption can start searching for them as soon as they are 19 years of age.
Siblings of a child who was placed for adoption can search for an adult sibling only if the birth parent they share is deceased.
Children or grandchildren of an adopted adult who is deceased can search for:
• The adopted adult’s birth parents
• Adopted siblings of the adopted adult
• Non-adopted siblings, if the parent of the adoptee is also deceased