355 6th Street, Courtenay BC V9N 1M2
Phone: 250-338-7400 Fax: 250-334-8224
Toll Free Info Line: 1-800-665-2437
Monday to Thursday 9am – 4pm (closed between 12pm-1pm)
Fridays 11am – 3pm
To promote health, dignity, and well-being for all people affected by HIV, HCV, and substance use by delivering sex-positive and harm reduction based education, prevention, and support services.
AVI envisions a community where all people affected by HIV, HCV, or substance use have equitable access to the support and services necessary to experience optimal health and well-being.
Programs & Services:
- Support, counselling and advocacy to those living with HIV/AIDS and/or Hepatitis C, their partners, families and friends
- Harm reduction program to prevent the spread of HIV/AIDS and Hepatitis C including access to injection supplies, safer smoking supplies, safe disposal of used syringes and condom distribution
- Naloxone distribution and training
- Educational presentations to schools, community groups and workplaces
- Extensive information resources for free distribution
- Services are provided free of charge