Mailing address: ME/FM Society of BC, PO BOX 46879 STN D, Vancouver, BC V6J 5M4
The Society’s primary goals are to:
- Educate, inform and increase awareness of Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME) and Fibromyalgia (FM).
- Provide information and education to physicians, other medical professionals and the community at large, to increase public awareness of ME and Fibromyalgia.
- Champion issues impacting the lives of people with ME and FM through community partnerships and advocacy with local, provincial and federal stakeholders and decision-makers.
- Build an inclusive organization which will reasonably accommodate and allow the participation of ME and FM patients, as well as their caregivers and families, to the extent they are willing and able.
- Promote and fundraise for ongoing medical research to encourage early, accurate diagnosis and effective treatments for ME and Fibromyalgia.
- Liaise with other individuals, groups and organizations to achieve the goals of our Society.