(Formerly Queen Alexandra Foundation for Children)
345 Wale Road
Victoria, BC, V9B 6X2 Canada
Phone: 250 940 4950
Local Contact: Anita Brassard
Telephone: 1-250-940-4950 ext. 105
Our vision is for all Island kids to have access to the health care they need. The Foundation is a registered charity raising funds and supporting and providing services and programs to support the health and well-being of children and youth, between 0 (pre-natal) and 24, living on Vancouver Island the surrounding Islands.
Programs & Services:
- Homes away from home. We know that health outcomes are improved when families are able to stay together. The Foundation owns two homes away from home, Jeneece Place adjacent to Victoria General Hospital, and Qwalayu House next door to North Island Hospital in Campbell River. The homes provide a safe, welcoming and compassionate place for families who need to travel outside their home community to access pediatric or maternal health care.
- Bear Essentials. Our family support program assists with the costs of health-related travel and equipment for Island kids. Bear Essentials is a program accessed through referral only. A health care professional familiar with a child’s needs and family circumstances can complete the online application on their behalf, with the consent of the applicant’s parent or primary guardian.
Grad “Class” Special Attire for your Special Day
To book a fitting, contact G.P. Vanier Secondary office 250-338-9262 or 250-338-2110. Alternatively, send a message via email to:firstname.lastname@example.org
Programs & Services:
- A free service provided to teens in need who are graduating from High School in the Comox Valley. Gowns, tuxedos, shoes and purses are available and whatever else to make the outfit complete.
- Registration is done through school counsellor or principal
- Confidentiality is assured
- Appointments are arranged in April/May for clients to view the dresses & tuxedos with seamstresses available if alterations are required.
- Donations welcome all year