2270 Labieux Rd., Nanaimo, BC
24 Hour Crisis Line: 1-888-756-0616
Business Line: 250-756-0616 Fax: 250-756- 2414
Programs & Services:
- Transition House: Provides temporary shelter, crisis support & information for women & children who have experienced violence & are seeking safety while exploring their options.
- Community Based Victim Services: Nanaimo & Oceanside: Provides justice-related support services, information & emotional support for individuals &/or families who are survivors of abuse & violence, including sexual assault. Engages in the identification of risk factors & the development of safety plans.
- Outreach: Provides non-judgemental support to marginalized women in the community who are at risk of violence and homelessness. Based on harm reduction, meeting immediate needs & promoting healthy choices.
- Women’s Counselling: For women who have been impacted by physical, sexual &/or psychological violence their lives. A range of services are available from intake to crisis support and longer term healing work through groups and individual counselling.
- Children & Youth Who Witness Abuse: An intervention/prevention program created by the BC Society of Transition Houses to address the needs of children and youth 3-18 who have been exposed to violence at home. The goal of the program is to interrupt/break the cycle of inter-generational abuse. Provided individually and in groups.