Vancouver Island Health Authority
941C England Avenue, Courtenay BC V9N 2N7
Phone: 250-331-8524 Fax: 250-331-8525
Intake – Screening and Referral Services
- Intake provides a timely, single point of assessment and access for individuals seeking help for Adult Mental Health and Substance Use Services.
- Consultation and community resource information
- Connection of individuals with the most appropriate service MHSU team or community resource
- Connection to crisis services
- We accept referrals from self, family physicians and other health/social services professionals.
- Members of the public, community agencies or physicians can call for a consultation or fax a referral to make an appointment for an initial assessment (intake).
- Individuals who self-refer or who are referred for an Intake assessment will be offered the next available appointment time. A cancellation list is maintained and we ask to be advised if a person will not be attending their scheduled appointment. Individuals can request to be added to the cancellation list.
- Our drop in groups (Mental Health or Substance Use focused) are open to the public. A schedule of current groups is available on site or by telephoning our reception at the number above.
Not sure if Mental Health & Substance Use Services is the right service for you? Call to speak with an Intake Nurse at the number above who will be happy to answer your questions.
HERE TO HELP – Mental Health & Substance Use Information You can Trust
Phone # 310-6789 (no area code)
Programs & Services:
Visit the website or phone for more information on the following:
- Provincial government mental health programs
- Schizophrenia and psychosis
- Bipolar Disorder
- Anxiety disorders, eating disorders
- Problem substance abuse