625 England Avenue, Courtenay BC V9N 2N5
Business & Counselling Line: 250-897-0511 Lilli House Crisis Line (24 hours): 250-338-1227
Hours: Monday to Thursday 9:00am – 4:30pm (closed between 12 – 1pm), Fridays by appointment only
The Comox Valley Transition Society is a feminist non-profit agency committed to making a positive contribution to the lives of women and their children. We offer supportive programs that provide safety and security and the prevention of violence as well as personal wellbeing through the provision of a safe shelter, counseling, education and advocacy.
Programs & Services:
- Addictions Services:
7 – 14 day non-medical detox – access is through the Substance Intervention Program at St. Joseph’s Hospital
28 day supportive recovery program – access is through Mental Health and Substance Use, VIHA, Courtenay
- Amethyst House
- Victims Services
- PEACE Counselling Program: individual counselling and small group counselling for children 18 years and under, who have witnessed the abuse of their caregivers, usually their mothers. Support for caregivers. Call office for appointments
- Lilli House: emergency shelter for self-identified women and their children fleeing abuse. In-house support for children in the shelter and parenting support. Emergency crisis counselling over the phone.
24 hour crisis line: 250-338-1227
- Women’s Counselling (Stop The Violence Program): for women who are, or have been, abused (physical, sexual, mental, emotional and/or financial) including childhood sexual abuse. Services include individual and group counselling (by appointment), educational presentations and workshops, information, support and referrals.
- Denman Island Counselling: two days per month. Call the office for an appointment. Hornby Island clients may be eligible for travel subsidy.
- Work BC Bridging Employment Program: for women seeking employment who have been in abusive relationships. Call the office for an appointment.
- Women’s Drop In: for women who are homeless or at risk of homelessness. Lunch, donated clothing and toiletries, street nursing, free income tax service (seasonal), legal information and referrals to services.
Held each Tuesday from 11:30am – 1:30pm, located at 625 England Avenue
- Grandparents Raising Grandchildren: an open and ongoing support group for grandparents who are raising grandchildren, due to circumstances such as parents with addiction or relationship abuse issues. Co-sponsored by the Child Development Centre. Child care provided.
Meetings: each Monday, Sept to June from 10am – 11:30 am at the Child Development
Girls Groups (ages 11 – 17): for girls to share opinions, experiences, learn skills for healthy living, and have fun.
- Too Good To Be Threw Thrift Store: Donations to the Thrift Store help to sustain the programs and services offered to women and children. Pick-ups may be available. Phone 250-338-0601,there are currently two stores, they are located at 239 Puntledge Rd & 456 5th St, Courtenay.
- Community Facilitator: Assistance, advocacy and accompaniment for women with issues related to poverty, safety planning, access to services, disability applications, etc. By appointment.
All programs free of charge. Call for more information or to register.